Monday, May 3, 2010

Faith, Trust, and Pixie dust.

So...I was going to start off with something simple for my first ever post, buuuuut-I've got some other thoughts on my mind at the moment.
Someone asked me the other day, " Are you a Christian?". I didn't really know how to respond to that question because, to be honest, I haven't really given it much thought. Once I really started thinking about it, I started to realize that the answer is no. I hope my family doesn't disown me for this, but honestly I'm not. I do believe there is a higher power out there, but I don't want to label myself with any religion.
I struggle with Christianity a lot because I see a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to most of the Christians I have interacted with. Most of the people I know that call themselves Christians pick and choose passages out of the bible that work for them at the time. For instance, I know a girl who was trying out different churches and at one church that she went to they actually tried to "pray the gay" out of a girl. Really people?? But I guess that's better then some other churches where they downright refuse people. What happened to loving thy neighbor and all that? I just don't get it. I knew a girl who got pregnant, and she didn't want to have an abortion because it's "against her religion"...Well I think the religion ship sailed when you had sex before marriage.
I think I'm going to start my own church. Its called the church of faith, trust and pixie dust. I wont tell you what to believe, or what to hope for, or how to live your life. Just believe in SOMETHING. Just have HOPE for SOMETHING..and have a little faith. A place where you wont be judged for what you look like, or who you love. A place where a little less then normal is OK, and making mistakes are too. A place where you can feel free to be who you really want to be.
Call me an idealist, call me a dreamer, call me crazy-i don't care( I've been called much much worse). I believe everyone has the right to choose whats best for them. I know what I would do in certain situations, but I'm not going to judge you because you would do something different. I'm not gay, but if you are and you are lucky enough to find someone to love in this messed up world, then more power to you! No one on earth has the right to tell another human being what is right or wrong for them. Every person has the right to decide that for his or herself.
Sorry if I'm rambling, but this has bugged me for a very long time, and most people just ignore me because they think I'm stupid, so its all coming out now. So please step out of your bubble long enough to realize that if you don't open your mind a little bit..then your going to miss out on knowing a lot of pretty cool people. I think the world could use a little more love and a little less hate and judgement.


No comments:

Post a Comment